Though I live in London, and of course partake in many traditionally British pastimes (like queuing and saying sorry for things that are definitely not my fault) it is not a characterisation that I feel particularly connected to. I think that last year many UK residents questioned the concept of being British and whether our kingdom was truly united due to the Scottish Referendum. This is not intended to be a political or nationalist rant, however I do think that it is a very interesting time to be British.
Below are the questions; I don’t think that my answers are very “British” but are hopefully entertaining, they include a few odd accents, some singing and a little rant.
- How many cups of tea do you have a day & how many sugars?
- Favourite part of your roast?
- Favourite dunking biscuit?
- Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
- Favourite word?
- Cockney rhyme slang?
- Favourite sweet?
- What would your pub be called?
- No.1 British person?
- Favourite shop / restaurant?
- What British song pops into your head?